Job type: Full-Time Employee
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Westside Future Fund, Inc. (WFF), a not-for-profit organization, was founded by leading Atlanta
corporations, former mayor of Atlanta Kasim Reed, and other local organizations to revitalize the
Historic Westside neighborhoods of English Avenue, Vine City, Ashview Heights (also includes “Just
Us” and the “Historic Booker T. Washington Neighborhood”) and the Atlanta University Center. While
place-based, WFF is people-focused and drives a long-term, holistic redevelopment strategy that
will deliver economic mobility to residents and future residents of these historic neighborhoods.
WFF has an overall vision to help develop “A community Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would be proud
to call home.”
Since its launch at the end of 2014, in service of its holistic strategy, WFF has rapidly evolved
as an organization, driving four impact strategies proven to deliver economic mobility: mixed-
income communities, cradle-to-career education, health and wellness, and safety and security.
Because of its large geographic footprint (by placed-based standards), many organizations (public,
not-for-profit and private), are involved in driving impact. In serving as the nerve center of the
effort, WFF is strategic about its role in an impact area.
The current President & CEO, John Ahmann, began in May of 2016, and, under his leadership, WFF has
evolved from a staff of three to now a full-time staff of 13, with incremental staff additions
expected over the next few years.
A successful candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations,
have strong written and verbal communications, administrative skills, the ability to maintain a
realistic balance among multiple priorities and exhibit the necessary leadership and organizational
skills to work effectively with management, staff, donors, Board members and other stakeholders to
accomplish the strategic goals of the organization.
• Serve as face to office visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone,
answering or referring inquiries.
• Coordinate office facility and equipment maintenance.
• Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries and manage outgoing mail.
• Monitor WFF general email accounts.
• Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level;
anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
• Coordinate meetings and events, including attendee management, materials
preparation, room set-up, catering orders and issue resolution for WFF staff
• Maintain employee directory as well as contact information, bios and photos of WFF
Board of Directors and Committees.
• Implement and oversee developed document retention guidelines.
• Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements and work with
COO to design and implement new systems.
• Provide administrative support for planning and execution of all WFF Board of
Directors and Committee meetings.
• Record and transcribe Real Estate Committee, Investment Committee and Program
Committee meeting minutes.
• Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group
meetings, doing research, and creating reports.
• Occasional lifting of not more than 25 lbs. Bending, stooping and kneeling as
required for filing and copy machine operation.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
• At least 2 – 5 years of experience working in office management roles.
• Compassion for people.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe
Acrobat, and Salesforce.
• Adept in developing and maintaining strong relationships with management, staff,
donors, Board members and other stakeholders.
• Engaging and inclusive interpersonal skills with exhibited success in engaging
• Strong and demonstrated project management skills with ability to manage multiple
concurrent projects at the same time.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple
tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent communicator, including writing, speaking, editing, and proofreading
skills, with great attention to detail
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Must be able to adapt to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest
level of customer/client service and responsiveness
• Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making
• Commensurate with experience.
• Excellent benefits package.