We want to see the Westside thrive
Westside Future Fund (WFF) created the Home on the Westside program as part of our commitment to community retention. The program is in alignment with the Westside Land Use Framework Plan, developed to ensure that long-time residents can benefit from revitalization efforts in the historic community.
In collaboration with the City of Atlanta under the leadership of Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, and the support of philanthropic, corporate and community partners, we want to provide safe, quality housing that is attainable for all residents.
Our vision is to cultivate a community Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would be proud to call home. We want to see a thriving Westside where all residents can live long, healthy lives.
Quality, affordable housing is one of the four impact strategies — including cradle-to-career education, safety and security, and community health and wellness — that we are supporting to fulfill this vision for current and future generations. Learn more
- Home on the Westside Press Release
- Download Home on the Westside Brochure
HOME ON THE WESTSIDE SERVICES
RENTAL HOUSING: Westside Future Fund offers new and renovated quality rentals to fit different household sizes and budget. Learn more.
HOMEOWNERSHIP: Westside Future Fund is developing beautiful single-family homes for purchase. Learn More.
ANTI-DISPLACEMENT TAX FUND FOR LEGACY HOMEOWNERS: Westside Future Fund is committed to helping qualified legacy homeowners gain relief from increases in their existing property taxes through the philanthropy-supported Anti-Displacement Tax Fund (ADTF). Learn more.
FINANCING SUPPORT: For those who qualify, we offer financing support, including financial coaching and down payment assistance. Learn More.
Interested in Home on the Westside?
Home is closer than you think.
Complete a simple Home on the Westside interest form to let us know which opportunities interest you. Our Home on the Westside Manager will be happy to answer any questions you may have about next steps.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 470-377-1696
- Westside Future Fund Leasing office: Villas at the Dome in Vine City (515 Rhodes Street NW); Due to COVID-19, the office will be open for limited hours by appointment only. All visitors must adhere to social distancing guidelines and wear a mask or face covering. Please call ahead to make an appointment. Hours: 9AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday
Whether you are interested in buying or renting, contact us to find out how we can help you find your home on the Westside.
We are deeply committed to community retention
About the Home on the Westside Community Guidelines: The WFF Board of Directors adopted community retention guidelines that prioritize households with ties to the neighborhoods in WFF’s footprint for Home on the Westside programs. The guidelines address the following criteria:
- Residency: Families and individuals who live or have previously lived within WFF’s geographic footprint
- Work: Individuals currently working within the WFF footprint, especially teachers, first responders, and nonprofit employees
- Education Affiliations: Families with children attending school in the Atlanta Public Schools Washington Cluster; Graduates of Atlanta University Center (AUC) institutions and Booker T. Washington High School
- Families with children: Families with one or more children under 18 years old
- Housing cost burden: People who currently spend 50% or more of their household income on housing
We’re helping ensure deeper affordability for Westside residents via public-private partnerships
We are grateful for our partnership with the City of Atlanta, under the leadership of Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms and her One Atlanta vision. To date, WFF has received $6 million in free land, vacant buildings and HomeFlex rental assistance from Invest Atlanta and Atlanta Housing. This critical support will enable us to deliver deeper affordability for Westside residents through the Home on the Westside program.
Other partners advancing the initiative include the Atlanta Police Foundation, On the Rise Financial Center, CHRIS 180, Atlanta Habitat for Humanity, Pulte and Quest Community Development Organization.
Thank you to all our partners.