Check out news from our Westside partners and friends!
NEWS: “Why T.I. Decided to Save His Old Atlanta Neighborhood (and How He’s Doing It)” (Inc.)
NEWS: “Kathryn Johnston Memorial Park to honor shooting victim of Atlanta police” (Saporta Report)
NEWS: “City needs to hit pause on Brock English Ave. project” (Saporta Report)
NEWS: “Lost In The Shuffle: Student Turnover In The Era Of Grading Schools (Part III)” (WABE)
NEWS: “Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation serves Atlanta’s Westside” (WSB-TV)
NEWS: The Historic Westside News June/July Issue
NEWS: “Meet Atlanta Business Chronicle’s 2018 Power 100” (The Atlanta Business Chronicle)
NEWS: “Atlanta’s initiative to bridge police-locality divide is paying off” (Multibriefs)
NEWS: “It’s Here: Announcing The Marketplace @ ITC” (ITC)
The Office of Institutional Advancement at the Interdenominational Theological Center will host a community market on August 21 complete with indie shopkeepers, artisans, your favorite local retailers, service providers and, of course, local eats. If you are interested in becoming a vendor at The Marketplace @ ITC, click here or contact Katrina Garnes at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
MLK/Ashby Merchants Association Meeting
- Date: July 16, 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Location: 904 Martin L. King, Jr., Drive, NW, Atlanta, GA 30314
- Details: The Merchants Association is experiencing a rebirth of activity that includes the following:
- Renewed sense of purpose
- Expanded and strategic boundaries
- New committees designed to promote as well as address issues important to all participating merchants and business leaders
- Enhanced opportunities to access essential resources and information
- Improved marketing and brand development strategies
Attendees are asked to come prepared to discuss these and other immediate needs of the Merchants on the Westside, including preparation for the 2019 Super Bowl.
Community Family Fun Day this Saturday, July 14 hosted by the Westside GoodTime Team
COME OUT FOR FUN, FOOD, FAMILY & FRIENDS
THIS SATURDAY, JULY 14, 2018
225 JAMES P. BRAWLEY KENNEDY PARK
GAMES FOR KIDS AND ADULTS!
ENJOY A DAY IN YOUR COMMUNITY WITH YOUR COMMUNITY!
ALL ARE WELCOME!
Atlanta BeltLine Westside 5K & 8K on July 14th at 7:30 am and after-party at Monday Night Brewery Garage.
- Registration link: https://raceroster.com/events/2018/17305/atlanta-beltline-westside-5k8k
- Promo code: APS2018 for $5 off either the 5K or 8K
- Details: This year’s Westside race starts and ends at the Lee + White Development and makes extensive use of the Westside Trail, which opened to the public in September 2017. Hundreds of participants – from avid runners to families with pets and strollers – will run/walk through historic neighborhoods like the West End and Westview with 8,000 participants continuing on the trail to Washington Park and back. All proceeds benefit the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership.