Inaugural event supports efforts to revitalize our Beloved Community
Support Dr. King’s vision for a Beloved Community by joining Westside Future Fund’s inaugural Ride for the Westside on Saturday, October 22 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Sign up and meet us 970 Jefferson Street, Atlanta, GA 30318.
Why Ride for the Westside?
An influx of jobs and people are returning to the heart of Atlanta, bringing new life to an area rich in cultural history but long neglected due to systemic inequity. This economic growth drives up the price of housing and threatens to displace legacy Westside residents.
Join friends, neighbors, and colleagues and ride to disrupt the cycle of poverty and empower the potential of our neighbors who call the Westside home. With your support, Atlanta’s Westside, a neighborhood rich in civil rights history, can become a national model for racial equity and justice.
Ride: 11-mile circuit through Westside neighborhood streets and along the Westside Beltline. Bring your bike and some friends and enjoy a great fall ride.
Run: Peachtree Road Race qualifier, timed 5K run/walk with overall and age group awards following the event.
Walk: Tour a neighborhood on the move! Learn about the heritage and future of the historic Westside neighborhood where WFF is working to create economic opportunity and affordable housing.
Ride for the West includes:
- Breakfast and refreshments to start your day
- An 11-mile bike circuit along the beltline and through WFF’s Westside neighborhoods
- A 5K race and official qualifier for the Peachtree Road Race
- A family-friendly self-guided walking tour to highlight the neighborhood’s incredible civil rights heritage and Westside Future Fund’s work on the Historic Westside
- Post-race festivities include music, awards, finisher medals, and fun!
- Volunteer opportunities for companies and individuals