Check out the news and announcements from our Westside partners and friends.
NEWS: Opening of new Chick-fil-A on the Westside brings together top CEOs and residents (SaportaReport)
NEWS: Watch: Coca-Cola CEO, Mayor Bottoms explain importance of Chick-fil-A to Westside (Photos)(Video) (Atlanta Business Chronicle)
NEWS: Viewpoint: How would Martin Luther King challenge our revitalization efforts? (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
NEWS: How one Atlantan turned her homelessness into hope for others (Atlanta Magazine)
NEWS: Grady Wellness Program Encourages Westside Residents to “Walk the Line” (Saporta Report)
NEWS: Plans revealed for Westside Park at Bellwood Quarry (Renderings) (Atlanta Business Chronicle)
NEWS: How Atlanta Falcons’ new stadium hopes to revitalize city’s historic Westside neighborhood (CBS This Morning)
NEWS: How Atlanta became the capital of college football (ESPN)
NEWS: Three Local Businesses Are the Recipients of Atlanta Emerging Markets Civic Impact Loans (Atlanta Daily World)
NEWS: Keisha Lance Bottoms sworn in as the new Mayor of Atlanta (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
NEWS: Westside initiatives take root, ‘but there’s a long way to go’ (Atlanta Business Chronicle)
NEWS: English Avenue loft office project wraps up renovation (PICS) (Atlanta Business Chronicle)
NEWS: Farming while black (Creative Loafing)
NEWS: Mercedes-Benz Stadium food and beverage program top of NFL, MLS fan survey (Video) (Atlanta Business Chronicle)
NEWS: Atlanta organizations partner to donate food to families impacted by school snow days (Marietta Daily Journal)
NEWS: Atlanta’s Westside: Townhome project first to bring hope to blighted U.S. 78 corridor (Saporta Report)
EVENT: Vine City Chick-fil-A Grand Opening
- When: January 18, 2018
- Where: Vine City FSU (875 MLK Jr. Drive NW, Atlanta, GA 30313)
- Details: Chick-fil-A Operator Quincy Springs is excited to serve the Vine City Community soon! As a part of their welcome to you, they would like to invite residents from the community to come and be a part of the opening celebration and participate in the First 100 Camp Out & Road Trip. For eligibility requirements and event details, click here.
EVENT: “Building on the Dream” Community Resource Day – An MLK Day of Service Event
- When: January 15, 2018 – 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Where: Booker T. Washington High School (45 Whitehouse Dr., Atlanta, GA 30314)
- Details: Join us for a morning of free personal and professional development workshops, presented by the Westside Volunteer Corps, in partnership with Chick-fil-A, On the Rise Financial Center and Street Smart Youth Project. To learn more or RSVP, click here.
- NEWS: Westside Future Fund, MLK Day Volunteer Opportunities On The Local Take (Jazz WCLK 91.9)