Nov. 3 Summit Recap: Truly Living Well
On Friday, November 3, the Westside Future Fund hosted its 21st Transform Westside Summit of 2017.
The featured presenter was Rashid Nuri, founder and CEO of Truly Living Well (TLW). Nuri, who has more than 40 years of global food growing experience, shared the history of TLW and its model of developing community through sustainable urban agriculture.
Since 2005, Truly Living Well has grown over 30,000 pounds of food annually and trained over 15,000 people at their two farms in Southwest Atlanta. It’s also hosted 52 farmers markets and four food cooperatives, trained 100 community service advocates and provided seven sessions of summer camps to more than 800 youth.
“We are not just about food, we are a training and education center. We grow food, we grow people, and we grow communities,” said Nuri.
Click below to view Mr. Nuri’s full presentation.
Additional Summit Highlights:
- Morning Devotion: Rosario Hernandez, Historic Westside Gardens
- Summit Attendee Self-Introductions
- Community Announcements:
- Historic Westside Mayoral Forum Recap
- Westside Volunteer Corps’ November Day of Service
- Hollis Innovation Academy’s Care Center Open House
- Event: Viewing of “Tell Them We Are Rising: The Story of Historically Black Colleges and Universities”
- Hollis Innovation Academy’s Dr. Diamond Jack recognized by Atlanta Business League as “Visionary Leader of Influence”
- Historic Westside Pledge Campaign
- Home Depot Foundation Resident Gift Card Giveaway
Don’t want to miss our next Transform Westside Summit? Register now! Our featured presenter is The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation.