The Home on the Westside homeownership program will feature newly constructed single-family homes for sale and rent-to-purchase in the Vine City and English Avenue neighborhoods.
- Ranging from 2- and 3-bedrooms, the homes will be constructed to reflect the character of these historic neighborhoods.
- Development of the homes will occur in phases, with approximately 20 homes slated for occupancy in mid 2020.
Financing Support For Homebuyers
Thanks to support from corporate and private donors, Westside Future Fund is providing financing support to help lower the cost of homeownership.
For applicants who qualify for financing under Westside Future Fund’s community retention guidelines, benefits of the Home on the Westside can include
- Down payment assistance from Westside Future Fund, AND
- Down payment assistance traditionally provided by Invest Atlanta and Atlanta Housing.
The amount of financial assistance from Westside Future Fund is based on your household’s annual income.
We’ve partnered with On the Rise Financial Center (OTRFC) to support people who currently rent and want to own a home in the future. You will have access to a broad range of financial literacy classes and individualized financial coaching to help you meet your financial goals and qualify for a home you love and can afford.
With the help of OTRFC’s financial coaches, you can get on track to achieve your financial goals:
- Build a more favorable credit score
- Save for a down payment
- Learn about and prepare for the long-term costs of owning a home
We want to help more individuals and families with a connection to the Westside achieve their dreams of homeownership.
Whether you are interested in homeownership in the next few months or a year from now, we encourage you to apply to see if you qualify for Westside Future Fund’s homeownership program.
“For us, having this program in place, having these opportunities in place, really was the key to us moving from renters to homeowners in this community. I don’t know that it would have happened otherwise.” – Nandi Canty, English Avenue Resident
Ameedah Williams and her son found their home on the Westside. Read more