This week’s Historic Westside column for Saporta Report was penned by our friends at City Refuge. Read the piece below, with an introduction from Westside Future Fund’s president and CEO John Ahmann.
If you are on a tall building and happen for a moment to wonder about the law of gravity as you watch a beautiful bird soar, just release an apple from the top to be reminded that the law very much exists.
If you wonder whether “the more we the more I can get done” is true, look to the leadership of Bruce Deel, founder and CEO of City of Refuge, for observable empirical evidence. Bruce has been demonstrating the power of “we” for over 20 years and last week he led a groundbreaking on a new affordable apartment community across the street from City of Refuge.
Please read this week’s column by Britt Gray, City of Refuge & Britni Johnson, The Wilbert Group to learn more about The 1300 and how it supports the mission of the City of Refuge.
Recent #HistoricWestside columns for Saporta Report:
- “Building Strong Foundations For The Westside’s Next Generation” by Justin Carr, Director of Partnerships, Westside Future Fund
- “Creating Sustainable Change, and a Beloved Community, on Atlanta’s Westside” by Chick-fil-A’s Rodney Bullard
- “Two Years of Westside Future Fund” by John Ahmann, President and CEO of Westside Future Fund
- “The Power of ‘We'” by The Atlanta University Consortium (AUCC)
- “It Takes a Village to Make a Park” by Michael Halicki, executive director of Park Pride
- “Building Momentum At Hollis Innovation Academy” by
Dr. Beverly D. Tatum, Westside Future Fund board member and President Emerita of Spelman College
- “A Westside Story” by Rev. Howard Beckham, Westside native and President and CEO of Integrity CDC
- “Building Atlanta Together” by John Ahmann, President and CEO of Westside Future Fund
- “The More We, the More I Can Do” by John Ahmann, President and CEO of Westside Future Fund