Westside Land Use Framework Plan
Since March 2016, WFF, in partnership with City of Atlanta and six neighborhood associations, led process of developing Westside Land Use Framework Plan.
December 2017: Atlanta City Council unanimously adopted Westside Land Use Framework Plan.
Supported YMCA of Metro Atlanta to establish 80+ high-quality early learning slots at new $24 million Leadership and Learning Center off MLK Boulevard in Vine City.
Worked to support Atlanta Police Foundation with:
• Opening of At-Promise Youth Center in English Avenue; 1700+ youth served to date
• APF enhanced its security patrol in March 2020, during the global coronavirus pandemic
• Ten additional officer homes under development
• 40% reduction in crime since 2016 thanks to leadership of Atlanta Police Foundation, Atlanta Police Department and Office of U.S. Attorney Northern District of GA
• Crime dropped an additional 6% this year in Zone 1
In partnership with Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation, WFF has supported the Westside Health Collaborative. Accomplishments include:
have received support through Parents as Teachers program.
received blood pressure and diabetic screenings via the Barbershop Pilot Program.
have received coaching and connections to healthcare through Community Health Worker program.
have received support through the Nurse Navigator program.
Participated in collective effort to champion $32.7M investment to create Rodney Cook Sr. Park: 16 acres of green infrastructure and greenspace in Vine City
Trust for Public Land led $12.7M capital campaign; $20M investment from City of Atlanta